Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tool #5- Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking is an easy way to share links with other people. I joined Diigo and quickly began following people who were teachers. I found two great websites using some tags such as education, technology, and classroom. The first site I found was Wikipedia in the Classroom and it features many ideas to use Wikipedia responsibly in the classroom. The other website is another link to connect to other great websites. Best Websites for Learning and Teaching is a website put together by school librarians and it features the best sites that they feel are good resources for teachers. This one I quickly added to my list of tags since I found it very useful.

In the classroom social bookmarking is a great way to share some required or suggested reading with students and parents. It is also a way for students to share reading that they found interesting with the teacher as well as with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment