Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool#10- The I-Revolution!!

I was lucky enough to have an I-Touch that the kids in my classroom could use. They loved it! I showed them how to use it and they took it and ran with it. I stored all of my music files on it, so no more searching through endless amounts of CD's. I could play any song I wanted or the kids wanted within seconds. I also had books that corresponded with certain songs. On the I-Touch I created a folder specifically for the books. The kids would play the music by themselves and read along with the books.
There was some great apps that I found along the way. When we were learning about the zoo, I found an app where the kids could match the animals to their sounds. There was apps for math, language arts, science. Even just using a simple drawing app allowed the kids to practice their letters and numbers. It was amazing because the kids were having fun and learning about technology as well as the curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see bilingual teachers blogging! We also blog about issues about bilingual education over at our blog Multilingual Mania, www.multilingualmania.com. I am looking forward to reading more about the technology that you are using and how you use it in a bilingual classroom!!

    ReplyDelete